Sunday 20 November 2011

Practice......

Close but no cigar.....



No one is good at everything.... remember that if your starting out as its important. Like everyone out there I'm not infalible, and there are things I'm not so hot at sculpting. The big ones for me are likenesses and caricatures (in a time less than a milion years.) A side effect of speed sculpting is that (for me at least), its less suitable for any sort of likeness as you really do need to take your time. So I have figured its well overdue time I nailed with problem area. But in usual style I'm trying to integrate it into my speed sculpting. It took me about 2 years of producing total unmitigated crap to get anywhere near where I wanted when speed sculpting 30mins -1 hour speed sculpt (or less) many years back.

So I fully expect it to take a while. My plan is to hit the problem area from two fronts. Firstly keep speed sculpting likenesses as I have time and secondly to do somewhere I take much more time (ie as slow as shit). Eventually the two will mesh into one way of doing it fast. At least thats the plan. I'm only about 25% happy with the sculpt above so theres a long way to go. Like with sculpting anything its a matter of practicing till your sick to death until you get it right.