Tuesday 24 September 2013

Autodesk CAVE Video Interview



Here's an interview I was asked to do with Shawn Hendricks of Autodesk about what I will be covering at the CAVE conference in Las Vegas in December.  For more details about the extensive line up of lectures and other nice thingies visit here:  www.autodeskcave.com/ its on between the 1st and 3rd of December at the Venetian hotel Las Vegas.





The bloopers from this were pretty hilarious, and I have to admit we both had a great time before and especially afterwards.  At CAVE its going to be nice to catch up with people I've had the pleasure knowing already such as Neil Blevins, Terryl Whitlatch, Paul Neale & Craig Barr.  But also genuine industry legends such as Scott Robertson & Syd Mead, and of course those who need no introduction such as John Cleese & Neil Gaiman.   

I'm covering my own personal digital doubles workflow that I have been refining now for the last 2-3 years that enable me to get a digital double out in 1 day, fully textured, sculpted, with shaders set up and even lit... basically ready for rigging, animation and putting in a shot.   It a proven workflow that I've used on everything from TV shows &  movies to even the stuff I did for the London Olympics opening ceremony.  

The lecture will be application agnostic and should be able to be applied by anyone with knowledge of their favorite 3D apps.  So this is not a 'Mudbox' class, this is far more and something that is (even if I do say so myself) far more important than simply sculpting something that looks cool.  What I cover people will be able to take away and immediately apply to their own projects.

On a side note, I've been somewhat quiet online wise outside of Twitter, Facebook and YouTube for a few years now.... a couple of things are pending release that I've been programming on the side, so don't expect that to continue that much longer. ;)