Thursday 26 December 2019

A special painting




This painting has a rather hear rending story behind it:

A week ago my 14 year old son was over and suddenly asked me "Dad how much would it cost for you to do a painting of oasis?"


"Why?" I asked knowing he isnt an Oasis fan.

Well it turns out a freind of his lost his mam and lives in local authority care as there is no one left in his family to take care of him. His mother was a big Oasis fan before she died and every time he has some spare money he buys something to do with Oasis and puts it on his wall in his room in memory of him mother.

So I did this painting in an hour on xmas eve so my son can give it to his friend today, in the hope it helps in some small way. Besides which it wouldn't sit right with me taking money in any form in such a situation.

I hope it helps the kid.